18 Crystalridge Drive
Phone 403.938.0GYM (0496)
Welcome to Mountain Magic Invitational
Download Mountain Magic Invitational 2013 Final Results
Our Next Meet will be April 25-27 2014
Hello Competitive Directors and Coaches and Happy New Year!
- 2014 Mountain Magic Invitational
- Hosted by MSAA
- April 25th to Apr 27th 2014
- Centennial Arena, Okotoks, Alberta.
- U7 to U8 & Levels 1-5 all ages.
We are excited to invite your gymnasts to our fourteenth annual Mountain Magic
Invitational Gymnastics Meet in Okotoks, Alberta. We again have a very enthusiastic
and energetic parent body that have already gathered in order to prepare for the meet
with an aim to provide a positive experience for the anticipated 300 plus athletes
and their coaches. Our meet with run Friday April 25, 2014, with two sessions, Saturday
April 26, 2014 with three sessions including a team competition (more
on this later in the invitation), and Sunday April 27, 2014 with three sessions. The
last session on Sunday is scheduled to begin at 2:30 pm thus allowing traveling teamís
sufficient time to arrive home at a reasonable time. Consistent with the past couple
of years we will once again be utilizing the Centennial Arena as our venue. This venue
provides great viewing and comfortable seating for spectators as well as a large well-lit
area for athletes and coaches.
Individual Competition Information:
- We will again this year offer U7, U8 and U9 categories along with Provincial Levels 1-5.
- For safety reasons all gymnasts in the underage categories (U7, U8, U9) will vault with stacked blocks only (NO vault table) and to their backs.
- Medals are awarded to the top 3 girls in each event with ribbons for 4th to 8th place.
- All-Around medals will be presented to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place gymnasts and ribbons for 4th to 8th place.
- Team awards (separate from the Team Competition (see below)) will also be given out after the final session on Sunday to the top 3 teams participating.
- The Team award is determined by the top 5 A.A. athlete scores from a minimum of 3 different provincial levels.
Each participant will receive a goody bag and a snack after they are finished competing (these will be received after the individual events).
- For the second year we are offering a team competition which will be held during the Saturday night session.
- Each team is comprised of 4 members (P2-5 only; not open to P1 athletes due to equipment differences and time constraints) whose provincial levels must add up to a minimum of 9 and may not exceed 12.
- Each team member competes in 1 event only.
- Team members must be registered to compete in the MMI individual competition in the same level registered in the team competition.
- Routines will be judged out of 10 (based on execution, not difficulty); Gymnasts are expected to compete skills comparable to the level that they are registered in for the individual competition.
- Maximum of 24 teams
- Maximum 4 teams per club
- Cost of registration is $60 per team
- Awards for the top 3 teams
To ensure your athletes are not disappointed please REGISTER early WITH PAYMENT
as many groups fill up fast with some groupings filling prior to the registration deadline last year.
We anticipate with only 24 teams maximum for the team event that this fun event will also fill quickly.
This year we will have an early entry fee of $100.00 for those gymnasts registered and paid
prior to March 1st. 2014
All registrations and entry fees received after March 1st 2014 will be $125.00 per athlete.
Final registration and fees deadline is March 27, 2014.
Final registration and fees deadline is April 6th 2014.
No changes to levels after April 15th 2014.
Refund requests after March 26th, 2014 will only be considered upon receipt of a medical certificate
for a withdrawn athlete and will be subject to a $25.00 administration fee.
If your club has attended previously we know your coaches and athletes will want to be in Okotoks
this April 25th, 26th and 27th to compete once again. For those who haven't attended our meet
it's time for your club to 'Experience the Magic'.